I love love mercury glass, but that stuff is super expensive. Enter pinterest, my lord and savior. Making your own mercury class is extremely easy and fairly cheap.
Basically you need 3 things:
- Some glass (I got my vases at Salvation army for $.49 and $.29 a piece)
- Krylon Looking Glass Mirror Paint (Walmart or various places online)
- A spray bottle full of water (Dollar General, woo!)
- Spray the inside of your glass vase with water.
- Spray with Looking Glass Mirror Paint.
- Flip upside down (I put some paper towels underneath) and dry overnight
- Repeat process until desired opacity is obtained - I think I did mine two or three times.