|It's so orange! Doesn't this soup make you happy?|
This soup is delicious. I love it. I'm not a vegan. Tony loves it. He's not even a vegetarian. It's super tasty, healthy and filling. It's wonderfully complimented by some crusty bread and butter, and combined the two make a great lunch or dinner on a cold or rainy day. If you're in New York right now, it's probably both cold and rainy, but no worries, this soup will definitely brighten your day :)
As usual, I don't really use measurements, so these are approximates, feel free to change them as you see fit. Also, adding some ginger might be tasty, too.
- 2 lbs of carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 Stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Clove of garlic, minced
- 2-3 T of olive oil or vegan margarine, or butter if you don't care
- 2 48 Ounce cans of vegetable broth
- 1 Cup of brown rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all vegetables into a large soup pot with olive oil/butter/margarine/whatever it is that you want to use. Simmer until carrots are tender.
- Add broth and rice, bring to a boil, then reduce to medium and simmer until rice is tender.
- Remove pot from heat and let cool.
- Use either an immersion blender to combine, or a regular blender to blend coarsely.
- EAT. NOM NOM NOM.