I was never a pumpkin spice latte girl until I had a homemade version at a friend's house last year. It was so delicious, I was inspired to make my own recipe up at home. Save yourself some money and time and try this recipe at home. I guarantee that you'll find it totally tasty.
Confession - this recipe is really easy. It took some time for me to break this down into enough material for it to seem like a real recipe. Go home and make it now.
What you need for 2 servings:
- Single serving of coffee (I use the medium size on a Keurig)
- 1/4 t McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 t Vanilla Extract
- Milk (about 3oz)
- Sugar to Taste
- When brewing your coffee, add a 1/4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice to your favorite coffee grounds before brewing. Make sure you mix the spice around before brewing. Of course, you can also juse use Pumpkin Spice K-Cups to begin with.
- I drink my coffee as cafe au lait, and have a 50/50 ratio of milk to coffee, usually. You can add yours to taste, if you prefer. While your coffee is brewing, mix together 1/4 tsp of Vanilla with 6oz of milk.You can heat this up over the stove or in the microwave and then use a milk frother if you have one. If you're using the microwave, just pop it in there for a minute or so.
- Once your milk is heated and your coffee is brewed, mix them together at a 50/50 ratio.
- Add sugar to taste, and finish with a dash of pumpkin pie spice across the top.
I like to make this with decaf coffee and enjoy a cup before bed at night.
Also, I need some beignets, ASAP