I was never a pumpkin spice latte girl until I had a homemade version at a friend's house last year. It was so delicious, I was inspired to make my own recipe up at home. Save yourself some money and time and try this recipe at home. I guarantee that you'll find it totally tasty.
Confession - this recipe is really easy. It took some time for me to break this down into enough material for it to seem like a real recipe. Go home and make it now.
What you need for 2 servings:
- Single serving of coffee (I use the medium size on a Keurig)
- 1 Drop Clove Vitality
- 1 Drop Nutmeg Essential Oil
- 1 Drop Ginger Vitality
- 1 Drop Cinnamon Bark Vitality
- 1/4 t Vanilla Extract
- Milk (about 3oz)
- Sugar to Taste
- When brewing your coffee, add the essential oils to your favorite coffee grounds before brewing. You can even add the oils and store the grounds in the fridge until you're ready to use. Of course, you can also just use Pumpkin Spice K-Cups to begin with, but honestly, I'm not much of a fan.
- I drink my coffee as cafe au lait, and have a 50/50 ratio of milk to coffee, usually. You can add yours to taste, if you prefer. While your coffee is brewing, mix together 1/4 tsp of Vanilla with 6oz of milk.You can heat this up over the stove or in the microwave and then use a milk frother if you have one. If you're using the microwave, just pop it in there for a minute or so.
- Once your milk is heated and your coffee is brewed, mix them together at a 50/50 ratio.
- Add sugar to taste, and finish with a dash of pumpkin pie spice across the top.
I like to make this with decaf coffee and enjoy a cup before bed at night.
Also, I need some beignets, ASAP