This recipe has been popping up across Facebook, and it looked so delicious, I decided I needed to try it. I've tweaked the original recipe based on my and a friend's experience in making it.
- 1 Bag of tortellini (I used large)
- 1 Small bag of fresh spinach
- 2 Cans of Italian style diced tomatoes
- 4 Cups of vegetable broth
- 1 Block of cream cheese, diced
- Place all ingredients except for the tortellini in crockpot, chunking up the cream cheese.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hrs
- If able, mix after 5 hours or so. I found my cream cheese did not melt after 6 hours on low, so I mixed crushed it up when I got home and cooked it on high for another hour. Even then, there were still a few small chunks swirling around, although I think this is more a result of my crockpot than anything else.
- 20-30 minutes before your time is up, add the tortellini. You may also cook the tortellini separately and add at the end. If you choose the latter option, reduce the amount of brother by about 1/2 C.
Makes 4 servings with 1 bag of tortellini and lots of sauce. You could double this with 2 bags of tortellini and have less sauce and it would still taste just as good.
Shared with Homemade Ginger.