Okay, here is your motivation: It is 5 days until Christmas, you are poor, and you still have people you need presents for. Thus, I give you this list of 5 relatively easy and inexpensive DIY Christmas gifts that you can make over the weekend and deliver on Christmas Eve (or even before)!
1. Yarn Wreath (pictured is one I made last year)You can get all the supplies at any craft store and none are particularly expensive, especially if you have a coupon. Danielle at Take Heart wrote a pretty comprehensive tutorial. You can either make felt flowers (which are very cheap to do) or buy greenery and hot glue gun it on (a bit more expensive, but much quicker). Obviously you can do any color combination - I have one for every holiday and in between.
2. Lemon ScrubI am partial to lemon and you can find all sorts of body and hand scrub recipes. You can use Stephanie Lynn's recipe for Lemon Sugar Scrub on your hands or body and best of all, it is SUPER easy to make and only involves ingredients from your kitchen! Paula Deen's highly rated Citrus Salt Body Scrub has a few more ingredients that might require a trip to a store that carries candle or bath supplies (my Michaels has these).
3. Super East 3 Ingredient Lotion BarsSarah has an amazing (and hilarious) recipe for lotion bars. Seriously, so easy. I think I am going to make some of these for myself because my cuticles get pretty busted looking in the winter. I bet you could add some essential oil (which you can get a t a craft store) to give them some scent, if you like.
4. Personalized MugThere is so much potential with this project! Doe-C-Doe has a great tutorial a cross stiched monogram mug. Be warned though, you'll need at least 24 hours so that you can bake and set the paint before you gift this item!
5. Word ArtThis is so easy, no tutorial is necessary. Buy some canvas, buy some wooden letters, glue the wooden letters on, spray pain the whole thing. It's that easy. And yes, all are available at any craft store. Potential things to write: Names, Initials, Important Dates, Cute Words, Quotes.
These would also make great last minute gifts for any occasion...or even yourself, I think! Did you DIY any gifts this year? Usually I knit or crochet something, but it just didn't happen. As it is I have owed my mother a scarf for at least a year! Hopefully, I will get it done before the New Year!